Everyone is awaiting what the next firmware for the Zune will hold, and when it will be released. James Skyton @ unnecessary has posted some plans for the Zune. Although it has not been confirmed by Microsoft themselves, if James is correct the next update looks very appealing. This is what he states:
- Get a whole range of free content like artist interviews, video biographies, podcasts, etc.
- Get music from independent artists at a cheap price (anywhere from 0 to 50 points).
- Access the Zune Marketplace from your Zune, and buy/download content through your Wi-Fi connection.
- Add up to 5 friends with whom you can share music without the “3 day 3 play” restriction. [not sure if it will have another form of restriction]
- No “3 day 3 play” restriction on music not purchased from the Zune Marketplace.
- Additional add-ons...